These were inspired by my commutes to LA, studying for the GRE, training for a suicide hotline, and working out my arms. Hope you enjoy!
These muffins are a little crunchy on top but soft on the bottom. They are totally healthy yet satisfy that sweet tooth at the same time. If you would like to amp them up a little more, you can sprinkle a little brown sugar on top before baking. However, I opted for no sugar this time.
Healthy Banana Oat Muffins (makes 12 muffins)
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1 cup of oats
-1 cup of flour
-3/4 of maple syrup
-4 tablespoons of coconut oil (not melted)
-2 ripe bananas
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Sprinkle extra oats on top.
- Place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- At 8 minutes, lower the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Finish baking for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let them sit.