This post is almost against everything I stand for. I am a hardcore advocate for using fresh foods for recipes because they taste better and cook correctly. You don’t need to worry about cooking times or varying internal temperatures.
With that said,… I made this recipe out of frozen chicken breasts. Honestly, there was nothing left in the fridge and hunger got the best of me. Though, I guess that the silver lining is that y’all have an easy recipe to test out at home.
The chicken ended up coming out juicy which I was very excited about. The key is to fully defrost the thing and to cook it slowly. This allows you to get the inside of the chicken to the desired temperature but also avoids the problem of making the exterior too dry. A big problem that I ran into in the past with frozen chicken (especially when I was hungry) was that I did not allow it the full time to defrost. The chicken then ended up cooking on the outside but was still FROZEN on the inside. Although looking back on these incidences and seeing that fully defrosting something is common sense, my mind does not listen to common sense under the influence of hunger. Can anyone relate or is it just me?
In the end, do as I say and not as I do. Please use fresh foods and don’t be hungry haha.
– 2 frozen chicken breasts (fully thawed)
-2 lemon slices
-2 cloves of garlic
-2 tsp of rosemary
-olive oil for the pan
-salt and pepper to taste
- Pat the chicken dry to remove excess moisture from thawing.
- Crush garlic and remove skins but do not mince
- Heat up pan with oil.
- Salt and pepper chicken and add rosemary.
- Place chicken in skillet (It should sizzle but do not let the olive oil smoke).
- After you see some color on your chicken, turn down the heat from medium-high to medium-low.
- Add garlic and lemon next to the chicken in the pan to let it infuse into the oil.
- After 1 minute, place the garlic and lemon on top of the chicken.
- Allow it to continue cooking until the inside is not pink. (Cooking time may vary depending on the size of your chicken pieces).
- Plate and serve.