I’m totally late to the pumpkin train but I thought I would give this a try. This quintessential autumn drink is made a variety of ways. I’ve seen some people make a healthy one with almond milk. Others use half and half. Still, others find that whole milk is best. Whichever method you like, essentially the process is still the same.
You need pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Then add in the vanilla extract and then the glorious coffee.
In the end, you get a pumpkin spice latte. However, I will warn against using too much pumpkin puree. Although using a lot of pumpkin makes sense as it is a PUMPKIN spice latte, I find that using too much makes your drink have this almost sour taste.
Try out this recipe. If you like it, then you have found a new recipe to make during fall! If not, you can still run to Starbucks and earn some more points.
Happy Fall everyone!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
-1/2 a tablespoon of pumpkin puree
-1 tsp of pumpkin spice
-1 tablespoon of maple syrup
-2 tablespoons of half and half or creamer of your choice
-2 tablespoons of milk
-your coffee of choice
- Put the pumpkin puree in a pan with the pumpkin spice and cook it for 1 minute to get rid of the raw pumpkin flavor.
- Add in the maple syrup and let it cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the half and half or creamer and the milk and turn down the heat.
- Let the mixture simmer for about 1 minute.
- Brew your favorite coffee.
- Take the pumpkin mixture and blend it to create a foamy texture.
- Add it to your coffee and top it off with some pumpkin spice.